Monday, December 04, 2006

Leader's Retreat

I attended a leader's retreat given by some priests from Divine Retreat Center in Cochin headed by the founder of the center Fr. Matthew Naikamparambil (say that three times fast) and though the talks didn't seem particularly targeted to leaders, I was grateful for the opportunity to just sit down and listen rather than do the talking for a change. I was rewarded with some very powerful anointing.

Before the day was over, however, Lalit (referenced earlier) invited me to talk to a Sinhala prayer group that gathered in the evening. It was one of the groups that he headed in Sri Lanka. I have never been able to refuse an invitation to share the Word of God and thus found myself preaching again before the day was over. Lalit, himself, translated my talk from Engish to Sinhalese.

No comments: