Saturday, December 16, 2006

The Other Side of Missionary Life

As I made my way to KGF on a three hour bus journey on December 15 for a more personal mission, I couldn't help but wonder if people realized that the missionary life was not a glamorous one, despite what some of the entries in this blog might seem to suggest. It is a hard, often lonely life, being on the road continuously, living out of a suitcase, sleeping in new beds every few days, and separated from home and family for weeks on end. It was a lot easier the last time around with my daughter for company, but it isn't always possible to travel with wife or child, or even companion, despite the fact that it is good to do so. Jesus always sent his apostles out in twos! But I'm not complaining. It does have its moments, and the best are when you discover that somebody's life has changed as a result of what you have done.

No comments: