Saturday, December 23, 2006

Divine Retreat Center, Muringoor

Our Lady; a permanent resident of the Center

After six weeks of hectic touring I was feeling spent and needed a recharge. Divine Retreat Center, where I had made my first retreat four years back, seemed an ideal place to recharge the batteries and I took an overnight bus from Bangalore on the 16th, soon after my session at Logos. Not only did I get the reinvigoration I wanted, I got to hear a whole lot terrific testimonies. I also received another spectacular anointing of the Holy Spirit.

In all honesty, I hadn't expected one this time as I didn't believe a repeat of the 2002 episode that set me on fire was possible. There might have been a chance of some anointing on Friday, during the Anointing session, but as I was to leave early in the morning, that was out. However, on Thursday evening, just before the Inner Healing session commenced, I suddenly felt myself sucked into the heart of God, and simply exploded into tears at the tremendous love I felt there. I just don't have words enough to thank God.

Another blessing during this retreat was a meeting with Fr. Augustine Valooran, the Director of the Center. In another lesson in humility, after I asked this great servant of God to pray for me, he asked me to pray for him. I thought that was really remarkable and I made another mental promise to myself to always remain humble, no matter how much the fame increased in the future.

No comments: