Tuesday, December 05, 2006

A Return to Mary - And Miracles

I have always had a special place in my heart for Our Lady as she was instrumental in returning me to the faith. In the early days, I used to say the Rosary regularly, but in recent times had relegated her to the back room, preferring to give more importance to the Holy Trinity, as I believed they deserved.

At the leader's retreat I had attended the day before, however, two of the priests (including Fr. Matthew) confessed how they too had been guilty of neglecting Mary (for various reasons including the Protestant influence), only to realize later that they had been wrong. As one of the priests testified of how much more anointed his talks became after asking Mary to intercede for him, I realized with a sense of dismay that this was perhaps the reason why the anointing had lessened in my own ministry over the past few months. While I was still effectively reaching out to people and miracles were still taking place, the frequency and intensity had diminished. I determined to begin the rosary again, and I could perceptibly feel the power begin to flow almost immediately.

A little later, a lady came to me saying she had a severe pain in her hand and leg. She had been suffering for the past several weeks. The instant I placed my hand on her head I felt the anointing flow and wasn't the least surprised when she said that the pain had left her. Miracles followed right through the day.

People who aren't too fond of Mary are likely to dismiss this as more Catholic propaganda, but I know that my best days in ministry have always been when I ask Mary to pray for me.

No comments: