Saturday, December 23, 2006

These are your Brothers and Sisters

These are your brothers and sisters ...

Soon after my baptism in the Holy Spirit during my last visit to Divine, I had received the gift of visions, which manifested itself strongly especially after consuming the Eucharist. The third vision I received was particularly powerful. It consisted of fast moving montages of beggar children, war wounded, the sick and the dying. It concluded with a voice over from Jesus saying: "These are your brothers and sisters."

The vision was repeated this time, with the added message: "Help them!" A few days earlier, when I was in Bangalore, Fritz Mascarenhas had advised me to keep myself open to God's will for me, even if it did not seem particularly appealing or went against what I believed was His will. Here it was. I had figured myself for an evangelist and here was God telling me to become like Mother Theresa!

As always, I awaited confirmation about the message. It didn't take long coming. The very next morning, Fr. Augustine spoke about how Divine started its subsidiary centers for AIDS and mental patients, the homeless and the dying. He had got a message from God telling him to start working with such people. When he protested that he was an evangelist, he heard God saying: Practice what you preach!
Looks like I have an interesting year ahead of me!

No comments: