Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Sacred Heart Church, Rajagiriya

Sacred Heart Church, Rajagiriya

I met one of the stalwarts of the Charismatic Renewal in Sri Lanka before my talk at Sacred Heart Church in Rajagiriya today. His name is Lalit Pereira and he has, quite possibly, done more in Sri Lanka to revitalize the Charismatic movement than anybody else. I was quite impressed with him and invited him to do one of the classes for the planned HSI School of Discipleship. It was an invitation he accepted.

The talk in the evening was to a very sparse crowd and though I told myself that the people whom God wanted to be there were there, I had to struggle not to let my disappointment show. The general unresponsiveness of the crowd didn't help, and though nearly everybody present came for blessings afterwards, it took a lot of time in prayer that night before I felt anywhere close to normal again.

No comments: