Monday, November 27, 2006

Mission to Sri Lanka

One of the publicity posters put up across town about my programs

My first mission in Sri Lanka owed a lot to a lady who was a total stranger: Patricia Keppetipola. An Indian from Bombay married to a very influential Sri Lankan, she had heard about me from a friend who had attended one of my Discipleship Programs and that had impressed her enough to go through a lot of effort to organize preaching sessions for me in several churches. I found her to be a lovely person and the moment I met her, I knew that my mission in the country would not only be an eventful one, but a comfortable one as well.
I also knew that it would be a very difficult one, because the oppression I felt the moment I stepped through Bandarnaike airport was thicker than anything I had ever felt. It increased as the day went by, and when I woke up from a nap feeling sleepier than I had before I went to sleep and with a twisted arm to boot, I knew I was in for a really tough time. I hoped that the HSI intercessory cells were praying hard for me!

No comments: