Friday, November 17, 2006

HSI School of Discipleship

My first mission in Poona (Indianized to Pune) was a two and a half hour talk at St. Anne's Church in Solapur Bazaar on November 16. It was very well received, but as often happens, the talk wasn't the only reason I landed in the city. Once again, I met some very blessed people, doing powerful work for the Kingdom of God. One of them was a young gentleman who runs a 21 week, live-in school for evangelization.

I have been wanting to start such a school - which would provide those eager to enter ministry with a strong foundation - for some time now, and this seemed to be a great opportunity to get started. Discussions are currently underway, but hopefully things should move speedily, and we'll have our school started early 2007.

I also met Msgr. Valerian D'Souza, the Bishop of Poona for a brief time. I try to make it a point to introduce myself to the Bishop of every region I visit. Not only is it good polity, I feel happy to get their blessings. Permission for me to preach in their cities is usually secured from them earlier.

No comments: