Sunday, February 05, 2012

Lebanon 4: Fr. Majdi at the River of Abraham

I met a wonderful man of God in Fr. Majdi who rehabilitates drug addicts in the picturesque town by the River of Abraham. After speaking to a group of his residents, he gave me the cross that he used to bless the mass for the past fourteen years. I thought myself really blessed. Speaking to the drug addicts itself was a touching experience and I hoped that what I shared with them about my own life and struggles made a difference to their own lives.

In the evening I spoke at an Armenian Church to members of an Armenian community. Was in a different mood here and the talk was lighter and more fun than what I usually give. Received an invitation to Armenia so add one more country on the list of countries to visit ....

No comments: