Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Lebanon 4: Brother Noor

My fourth missionary journey to Lebanon began today with a meeting with Brother Noor, an ascetic who runs the world's largest Christian Arabic language TV station in the world. He has not stepped out of his office in ten years! Despite the cold weather he was clad as usual in his threadbare robe and his face looked as angelic as ever. He had invited me to give HSI's Discipleship Program on television and that would be from February 3-5.

In the evening I met a Bible Study group run by an expatriate community resident in Lebanon. Over the course of the previous three visits they had all become good friends - Monique, Brid, Caroline and Co. - and I was as happy to meet them as I was to speak to their community. Nearly fifty people had gathered and I gave the talk on Fighting Fear that I had given in Dubai before I left. (Almost everyone testified later how the talk had delivered them of their fears. Praise God.)

No comments: