Thursday, March 22, 2007

Discipleship Program, Poona

St. Anne's Church, Solapur (March 19-21)

I returned to Pune (Poona for those who still aren't used to the new name) to conduct HSI's Discipleship Program exactly four months to the day since I was here last. It was a very anointed retreat and I was blessed to have the Bishop of Pune, Msgr. Valerian D'Souza, in attendance along with several other priests. Msgr Valerian, or Bishop Vally as he is affectionately addressed, called me after the program ended to tell me how much he enjoyed it and invited me to do more programs in the city soon. I will admit to feeling very honored and immensely encouraged. With all the persecution that one suffers taking the Gospel to others, such things often help keep one going, and I am truly grateful to His Excellency for his gesture.

My gratitude also to Fr. George, and Michael and Maria for making this Program happen and for their warmth and hospitality during my stay in the city.

1 comment:

honeybird1983 said...

Hi Aneel

Praise the Lord

I needed some sites where i can listen to Praise music and some which are sung by Abbey&swapna can you please send this to honeybird1983@gmail.com

Thanks