Sunday, June 25, 2006

One Down, Two to Go

I concluded my mission in Bangalore with a talk to the Bread of Life Prayer Group. Once again, my talk was on repentance. Once again, there was disturbance, with the entire sound system going dead on me! It began functioning a while later, but was eventually replaced with speakers belonging to the ICPE Mission. Fritz, himself, arranged it and I was really touched by the fact that he went out of his way (as he had been doing right through my trip) to make sure that I got my message across everywhere I went.

Fritz, Diana and their three children

I have met several people in ministry over the past four years and couldn't help but notice how arrogant most of them appeared to be. Fritz and Diana, however, despite the size and popularity of their ministry, were extremely humble people, and the cooperation extended to me showed as nothing else could that these were two people who weren't interested in building personal fiefdoms, but in establishing the Kingdom of God. I will never forget them or the lessons I learned from them, not so much spoken as lived.

Neither will I forget their three children. Very warm, gracious, affectionate and hospitable, they, like their parents, established a permanent place for themselves in my hearts. May God bless them always.

No comments: