Saturday, June 24, 2006

Logos Retreat Center

I had my first engagement at a Vincentian retreat center today. The Vincentians are an evangelical order of priests who follow the Syro-Malabar rites. Their most famous retreat center is in Muringoor, Cochin, popularly (though erroneously) known as Potta.

The director of the center attended my talk and then, in an incident reminiscent of my engagement at an Anglican Church during my trip to England, publicly invited me to return to conduct a full day program at the retreat center. I accepted, setting a tentative date for October this year.

Later in the day I gave another talk to a group of very lively youth on sin, temptation and empowerment. My sessions with youth are usually very vibrant, but this one was exceptionally so. I enjoyed the talk and from all indications, so did they.

No comments: