Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Bangalore to Mangalore

I was born in Mangalore, but when I turned away from God, I turned away from the city of my birth too. Last December, I returned after a period of eighteen years. Now, six months later, I came back again.


Corrine Rasquinha, Lianne and cat

To welcome me, were Vitus and Corrine Rasquinha, two dear friends in ministry I had met during my last visit to Mangalore. They had set up my schedule for this visit - and it was a jam packed one. They would also host me and my daughter.

Corrine runs a famous music ministry called White Doves. She also engages in evangelization through very popular street shows. Every year, around Christmas time, her team goes on the road - quite literally - putting up shows on two trucks that move from place to place across the region. The shows are very professionally put together, with meticulous care given to detail in light, sound, acting and music.

Corrine and Vitus also run a home for the aged and destitute.

No comments: