Sunday, May 08, 2011

Day 6: Dongora, Sidama Zone


For my final talk, I preached at the home base of Dongora, in the Church right behind where we lived. Every place had some wonderful choirs, some two and three, but here there were four! The childen, who welcomed us with flowers, formed one. Elderly ladies formed another. And there were two others groups comprising young men and women. All were dressed, as usual, in colorful robes. The videos should provide an idea of how vibrant the celebrations are.


I gave my signature talk on love here, ending with everybody holding hands, and although we couldn't sing Let There Be Love, we sang an adapted version of Living Water, Flow On. For the "homily" I preached on the gospel reading for the day: The Road to Emmaus. It was a great end to a great mission and I think my father in heaven would have been well pleased.

No comments: