Thursday, October 02, 2008

Silent Retreat

Mother Nadine and Yours Truly

Fr Pasquale, the Ninja Healer, my Retreat Director

The Intercessors of the Lamb are a group based in Omaha, Nebraska comprising a group of contemplatives - brothers, sisters and priests. I decided to spend a week with them before I returned home. I had visited 9 countries in 9 months and estimate I spoke to over 20,000 people in nearly a hundred different places. I was pretty much exhausted and believed I needed a full recharge of my spiritual batteries. Hence the retreat. It turned out to be the best thing that I did all year long! Not only did I get rejuvenated in body, mind and soul; I also learned (and relearned) a lot of things during the time I was there.

It was a silent retreat, but guided. Fr. Pasquale was my retreat director. Originally from Surinam, he was affectionately referred to as the Spiritual Ninja Warrior by the Community members and by the third day I could see why. Before I left, I spent a few minutes chatting with a few of the brothers in the Community (I lived with them but because the retreat was silent didn't do much by way of communication except nod!) and a litle time with the founder of the Community—Mother Nadine. She is a wonderfully blessed person and shared a beautiful vision she had of me before she said bye.

No comments: