Monday, October 08, 2007

Discipleship Program, Ghala, Oman

Holy Spirit Church, Ghala, Oman

I had put a halt to all travels from July to December so that I could spend my time building the HSI Community, but a mission to Oman had been fixed way back in January. Out of the mission circuit for three months, I was a little anxious about getting back in front of people, but I needn't have worried; the Spirit was with me as He always is and by the end of the 4 day Program (Oct 4-7), He seemed to be with everybody else who attended as well. The Program concluded with one of the most powerful anointing sessions I have witnessed and even the parish priest admitted to feeling the hair on his head standing. Wonderful this, seeing as how the dear man doesn't have hair on his head!

The parish priest was Fr. John Fernandaz. He was the instrument who guided me in the days following my conversion, and although I hadn't met him since his transfer to Oman a couple of years ago, he remained close to my heart. It was good to see him again and minister to the parishioners under his care. My wife, Glenda, joined me on this mission - the first time she was doing so - in preparation, perhaps, for joining me permanently some time in the near future.

No comments: