Sunday, May 27, 2007

A Celebration of Two Births: The Church and Me!

Pentecost Rally: May 27, Vakola, Bombay

I felt really blessed to have my birthday fall this year on the feast of Pentecost and I knew it would be an amazing day. It was. Over 1,500 people spilled out of the Church and the moment I went to the altar, I felt the anointing sweep over me. The words flew effortlessly. I ended by recapping the things that I had spoken about the previous three days and by the time I was done, everybody was prepared for a mighty outpouring of the Holy Spirit. He didn't disappoint and I believe that what took place in that Church today was another pointer towards the Great Revival of the Church which is going to begin shortly.

As for my birthday, I cut four cakes through the course of the day. Various church groups, including the youth group that I had spoken privately to the previous day, brought them in and I felt touched by the love in the hearts of the people for me. I missed my family, though, and determined that I would be with them the next time around.

No comments: