Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Come All You Who Are Thirsty

Just before I travelled to Lebanon to address some of their political leaders I was beset with a sudden bout of inadequacy and unworthiness, wondering why on earth I was going to speak to people I knew nothing about. The night before I was to fly I went to my office and cried out to God to give me a sign that this mission was indeed his will and not simply something I wanted to do in foolish arrogance. After nearly half an hour of waiting for him to speak to me, he opened his mouth and told me to refer to his word. A little sceptically I flipped open the Bible only to find myself on Isaiah 55. If God had ever spoken to me through his word, it was this time and by the time I reached the end of it, all doubt was gone and I knew that I was to embark on one of the greatest missions of my life. This became the subject of my first talk after I returned.

No comments: