Friday, July 08, 2011

Communities Meet


Because the new Asian Community in Dubai met at the same time as the HSI Community in Fujairah, I wasn't able to go to the latter very often; in fact I hadn't been there in a couple of months since the new one started. It troubled me, but there didn't seem to be much I could do about it, until somebody suggested I take the new guys with me to Fujairah one day. I mooted the idea with the group and it was well accepted, so this Friday morning, a bus load of us (45 in all) took off to the tiny Emirate. Not only was the session tremendously anointed, the experience seemed to bond everybody closer together, and I figured we'd do this more often in the future. (The picture is of the Asian community in front of the bus that took us there. I think there are a few still in the bus when the picture was taken. We had a guest from the Lebanese community with us.)

No comments: