Friday, March 07, 2008

Discipleship Program, St. Joseph's, Dar es Salam

St. Joseph's Church, Dar es Salam


With Br Roman and Fr. Rewchungura

While the program in Emmaus Center had a rough start, the one that followed at St. Joseph's Cathedral had a terrific beginning -- and it stayed terrific until the end. The church, which was built by German missionaries five hundred years ago, was quite lovely and I enjoyed preaching in it despite the strong echo it carried. I had a different translator for this program: Roman, the deputy director of Agape, one of the Emmaus ministries. Roman, like Sebastian, became a good friend by the end of the program as did the parish priest, Fr. Rewchungura, who attended all the four sessions and seemed quite delighted with it. He told me I was welcome to preach in the parish any time that I wanted.

No comments: