Saturday, July 01, 2006

Retreat Two to College Girls

The day after I had concluded preaching a retreat to the junior college girls of St. Agnes, I commenced preaching a retreat to the senior students. Any thoughts I might have had of receiving a similar reception by the older girls was dispelled within the first hour. It was apparent that most of them didn't want to be there, and being the one on stage I was the obvious target of their hostility.

By the time the morning session was over, I was telling God I was going to retire the moment I returned to base. Rather sharply, he told me that I was having it easy; they weren't throwing stones at me like people often did. Abashed I returned to preach. By the time the retreat was over, the girls had changed and I wouldn't have been surprised if most of them would have been happy to go another day. Sufficiently humbled, I could only praise God!

Addressing the Senior College Students of St. Agnes

A section of the 18-20 year olds. The dress code is compulsary!

No comments: